Thursday, June 9, 2011

13th Floor Elevators - Sign of the 3 Eyed Men (sampler)

As the title of the blog gives away, we're fans of The 13th Floor Elevators over here at Easter Everywhere Towers. I did originally have in mind to do some kind of sampler/introduction, a la the ongoing Funkadelic opus, but I think the promotional only sampler for the much anticipated (and much needed) "Sign of the Three Eyed Men" remasters box set is as good a starting point as any. As far as I can tell there's at least one track from each disk of the box set, so definitely a good starting point. (Or just rush out and buy "Easter Everywhere" and "The Psychedelic Sounds of The 13th Floor Elevators"!)

My love for the Elevators started the moment I heard John Peel playing "Slide Machine" from "Easter Everywhere" back in 1986. Who was this band? I've never heard anything quite like that before... What was that strange noise through the track? ... etc... And of course seeing Bob Parker (from the legendary Walking Seeds... subjects possibly of a future blog entry I think...) working behind the counter at Probe Records with his Elevators painted leather jacket! Nice.

If you already have the box set, the originals, the individual reissues , the new(!) vinyl box set and all, this is still a great compilation.

Slip inside this house - here

No comments:

Post a Comment