Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Serena Maneesh - Fixxations [2002]

I like garage rock, used to be obsessed by 60s stuff and was chuffed when the who shoegaze thing started back in ... er... whenever it was? 1990? I even remember My Bloody Valentine pre-shoegaze, I saw them support The Soup Dragons back in 1986, in Liverpool, at The Mountford Hall (well the smaller side bit). When the Soup Dragons were circa "Hang Ten" etc... not their limp Madchester bandwagon jump that came later ...

Anyway, I first heard Serena Maneesh back in 2005 and really liked this ep. By the time of their 1st lp proper, they'd gone a bit darker, but were still ploughing fairly uniquely rocky take on druggy psychedelic shoegaze thing. It's well worth seeking out.

I've not heard their latest work. I'll let you know when I do.

spotify

mp3s

No comments:

Post a Comment